Do you struggle to find inspiration when looking at hairstyles for the over 50s? Don’t fret ladies! From short cropped hairstyles – perfect for fine hair – to young long hair styles for anyone who’s not ready to cut off all their locks, we have the best hairstyles for over 50s. And whether you want to espouse your greys, or want to find a new flattering shade, we’ve got all the hair colour inspiration you need to take your style to the next level. Looking for the perfect ‘do to fit your style? Get inspired for your next cut with these gorgeous Hairstyles for Over 50 looks. So remember these are just for inspiration! You can tailor them to suit you, take your favourite long styles to the salon and create a look that’s great for you.
Don't think for one moment that when you reach your 50's that you won't be able to have the same sort of hairstyle that women in their 20's have. What many women do not realize is that age has little to do with what hairstyle you have. Certainly when it comes to hairstyles over 50 women can have there are plenty of different ones that they can choose from.
In fact if you thought that being able to wear a hairstyle that is trendy is not for you then think again. As you will soon discover there are plenty of hairstyles around that you can have but be worn in a different way. In fact you may find a style that could be extremely flattering from you and will have people thinking you are younger than you really are. Below we take a look at some of the hairstyles over 50 women can wear if they want.
One hairstyle that really is flattering for women who are of a certain age is the short layered style. Through going for a bob length cut that is made up of many different layers can help to create a more elegant look. Plus this particular style is great for adding texture which creates more volume.
With this particular style you can then go for side swept bangs which are proving very popular at the moment. These are not only easy to main but can provide definition to your face and accentuate your good points whilst hiding those that you would rather others did not see.
Although you may hear stories that women as they grow older should not have long hair this is simply not the case. However, if you do intend to grow yours long then it should never be worn straight as it can actually age you more quickly. Rather with this sort of hairstyle it is important that you add so definition to it. The best way of achieving this is by adding waves or curls to the bottom of the hair.
As with short hair to help give volume to your hair when long you should have it layered. Ideally look for styles that frame your face well. Plus if you are intending to allow your hair to grow long you need to consider its texture. Certainly if you have thick textured hair you may find that a short style is more suitable than wearing your hair long.
However, if you are notice that your hair is thinning a little avoid a hairstyle whether short or long to know have too many layers cut into your hair. Rather than helping to make your hair look thicker it will accentuate the thinning more.
Above we have offered a few tips with regards to how to select a suitable hairstyle when you reach 50. However, donít think for one minute that hairstyles over 50 women can wear have to be boring. There are plenty of great trendy styles that if cut in the right way will look just as good on a woman of 50 as they do on say a 20 or 30 year old woman.
1. Long Layered Haircut for Women Over 50
2. Chic Wavy Hairstyle for Over 50
3. Straight Hairstyle Woman Over 50
4. Dark Long Hairstyle for Over 50
5. Woman with Shaggy Blonde Hairstyle for Over 50
6. Grey Curly Haircut for Women Over 50
7. Modern Highlighted Hairstyle for Over 50
8. Medium Hair for Women Over 50
9. Bleached Blonde Bob Hairstyle for Over 50
10. Woman with Medium Hairstyle for Over 50
11. Shoulder Length Blonde Haircut for Women Over 50
12. 50 Year Old Layered Hairstyle
13. Best Blonde Layered Haircut for Over 50
14. Nice Platinum Blonde Haircut for Over 50
15. Modern Layered Haircut for Over 50
16. Diane Keaton Hairstyle with Bangs
17. Thin Layered Hairstyle for Over 50
18. Thick Straight Long Hairstyle for Over 50
19. Shaggy Choppy Layered Hairstyle for Over 50
20. Gray Thick Hairstyle for Over 50
21. Sleek Fine Hairstyle with Bangs for Over 50
22. Trendy Choppy Hairstyle for Over 50
23. Straight Modern Highlighted Hairstyle for Over 50